I do have some, though, and we'll go ahead and get started with those.
She was right at home even then, and ended up sleeping on the hotel bed with us the same night. No accidents, and lots of cuddles! She was a dream on the ~18 hour ride back home, and did nothing but sleep almost the entire way. We also figured out one of her many mind boggling quirks - turns out our polite little lady absolutely refuses to go potty if she doesn't know the area. Luckily we planned a rest stop with a family member in Oregon, and after about four hours there she finally went to the bathroom. She still hasn't dropped this quirk, which works for me - means I don't have to carry poop bags around!
About two months after getting Aubrey we lost our house out in the country, which meant moving back into the city. This landed us in a duplex about half the size of what we were in, but luckily the yard was about as big as the dog area of our property (and a lot greener) so she didn't seem to mind the change. As seen in this picture, she went through a very light fur phase. As time went on, that stripe on her back got even darker and all of her black fur seemed to originate there as it spread out. Was a pretty cool effect.
That stick was her sole souvenir from Marysville, and lasted about another month before my mom got tired of the bark being everywhere. She was very brokenhearted when we finally offed the thing, but then next day replaced it with her kong toy... Hurrah for small puppy attention spans!
Isn't that just the cutest thing ever? Attentive viewers may note her eyes are open - that's the first time I ever saw her sleep that way, and she's continued it. Kind of creepy at times, but if she wants dried out eyes every morning who am I to stop her? After these pictures I went on a four month strike of taking nothing, so I'll go ahead and round this entry off. 6-10 month pictures next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment